The Field Hockey Canada Hall of Fame honours decades of excellence in Canadian field hockey. The Hall of Fame was created in 2014 to recognize those who have made a significant contribution to the sport of field hockey in Canada. The Field Hockey Canada Hall of Fame Committee was established by the FHC Board of Directors to lead the activities of the FHC Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame Committee has established an annual process for nominating, selecting and celebrating Hall of Fame nominees and inductees.
– September: on-line launch of nomination process
– October 31 – all applications to be submitted
– November: decisions made on new induction class
– December: new inductees informed by letter
– January: new inductees launched to the community at large via various platforms
– March – July: The window in non-covid years for an in-person Hall of Fame ceremony
– August: Hall of Fame on-line induction month showcasing each individual inductee with the video and highlights story
*Next September: on-line launch of nomination process