Field Hockey Canada is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide support to the management and membership of the organization.
Field Hockey Canada (the national governing body for field hockey), is responsible for the conduct of competition; athlete, coach and official’s development; services and general sport governance. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to FHC operations. This includes administering the membership registration processes and payments, facilitating member communications; and coordinating the effective and efficient operations of the administrative function of FHC.
Roles and responsibilities
• Time sensitive processing of all membership and registration transactions;
• Integration of all invoicing with bookkeeping;
• Maintaining organizational calendar including Board and committee meeting schedules;
• In conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, organizing and maintaining Board resources via SharePoint;
• Assisting in organizing board and committee meetings, including logistics, meeting notices, circulation of agendas, minutes, documents;
• Facilitating cheque signing and expenses authorization process;
• Coordinating content development of organizational communiques with staff; expedite membership communication;
• Maintaining centralized organizational contact and membership lists;
• Providing administrative support to the organization
• Coordinating development of the annual reports; grant reporting and applications as needed;
• Preparing, editing and formatting internal and external corporate documents including Power Point presentations;
• Tracking inventory
• Administering certificates of insurance requests as required;
• Performing weekly off-site bank deposits and postage processing;
• Monitoring the day-to-day operations of the FHC office including utilities;
• Providing ongoing support and coverage for other staff within the organization.
Our ideal candidate:
Will preferably have experience in an administration role, supplemented by business administration courses with a preference for a Certificate in Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in a member services role. Our ideal candidate will also have knowledge of not for profit administrative functions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the work performed in this sector, as well as the ability to make decisions in accordance with applicable departmental policies and procedures.
In addition, the candidate will demonstrate:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint;
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with membership;
3. Team and collaboration talents;
4. A satisfactory Criminal Records Check;
5. An ability to be a self-starter, critical thinker, develop personal objectives and work with limited supervision;
6. Strong communication and prioritization skills: ability to liaise and respond to multiple member inquiries;
7. The ability to establish clear priorities and be capable of multi-tasking based on the established priorities.
Applications for the position will be open until 21st February, 2020. To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Susan Ahrens, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com. You should include the names of two references in your resume.
Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.