Field Hockey Alberta is hiring a full-time High Performance Coach. See below for the details.
Position: High Performance Coach FHA / University of Calgary Varsity team coach
Reporting to: The Executive Director & FHA Executive
Contract Duration: February 1, 2018 – Feb 1, 2020
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hours: This is a full-time position on a two-year contract. It is a requirement of the job that some of the basic hours be filled during weekends & evenings. Some travel will be necessary at the provincial, regional and national level.
Duties & Responsibilities
Athlete Training and Program Development
- To design and implement training and competition programs for provincial level athletes.
- Provincial team program coaching duties and travel to National Championships if necessary.
- Facilitating high performance camps for provincial athletes.
- Facilitating the delivery of developmental programs at provincial and regional levels.
- Promote and be an ambassador for field hockey within Alberta.
Coach Training and Support
- To develop, implement, and facilitate a regional coach education and mentorship program for the province of Alberta.
- Attend meetings, as required, to represent the high performance and coaching aspects of field hockey within and outside the association.
- Complete and participate in professional and coaching certification opportunities through Sport Canada and Field Hockey Canada when available.
Administration and Organization
- Create and implement a two-year plan with the direct support of the High Performance Committee
- The development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a comprehensive integrated performance
model which ties in with the Long-Term Athlete Development Strategy as developed by Field Hockey
- Create a regional training model that can be utilized in all centers in Alberta.
- Preparation of reports, plans or documents as required by the Executive of Field Hockey Alberta.
- Others Duties as required.
- Proficient in coaching both Field Hockey and Indoor Field Hockey
- Experience in the creation, implementation and evaluation of multi-year development plans for grass roots
through to Provincial (or equivalent) Team programs.
- Ability to develop coaches and assist with the implementation of our coaching program.
All individuals that have a passion for field hockey are encouraged to apply by sending a full coaching CV together with a cover letter and a minimum of three (3) references to email@example.com.
PDF JOB DESCRIPTION