Canada’s Olympic men’s field hockey team open the 2016 Olympic Games on Saturday at 2:00pm PT/5:00pm ET against Germany.
Here’s how to follow the team throughout the tournament:
- CBC, Canada’s official broadcaster of the Rio 2016 Games, plans to broadcast all Canada’s field hockey games on its internet stream
- Streaming can be accessed via olympics.cbc.ca or or in the CBC Rio 2016 mobile app
- Streaming broadcasts in French can be found at jeuxolympiques.ici.radio-canada.ca
- Click here for Canada’s full Olympic field hockey schedule
- In addition to the internet streams, the following matches are scheduled to be broadcast live on the following television channels:
- August 6 vs Germany – 2:00pm PT/5:00pm ET, Sportsnet 1
- August 8 vs Argentina – 8:30am PT/11:30am ET, TSN 2
- August 9 vs Netherlands – 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET, Sportsnet
- August 11 vs Ireland – 7:00am PT/10:00am ET, Sportsnet
- August 12 vs India – 8:30am PT/11:30am ET, Sportsnet
- Additional charges may apply for access to premium channels. Fans should check with their local cable providers for appropriate channel listings and access. Fans should also be aware that broadcast plans are subject to change.
- Visit the Olympic Games page on fieldhockey.ca for results and game recaps
- Visit the official Rio 2016 hockey site for schedules, statistics and results
- Stay tuned to fieldhockey.ca for additional game content including games photos
- Follow Field Hockey Canada on Instagram and Facebook or game photos and behind-the-scenes photos
- Follow the other Field Hockey Canada social streams (above) for links to post-game content
Visit the Rio 2016 tournament page for up-to-date tournament statistics and results.